Server status

Shoutbox

Fluminis - 18/10/2018 - 19:30

Smokey - can you please check server connection at some time, been a bit spikey all week. Ta.

Fluminis - 07/10/2018 - 11:05

Smokey - please check out Forum Map Images post new message for you, when you get a chance

Fluminis - 02/10/2018 - 11:50

Smokey - please check out Forum Map Images post

VIP ICE - 24/09/2018 - 18:09

hi beetle welcome

Smokey - 14/09/2018 - 15:32

server is back online, the new rotation will follow soon!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: *RESOLVED* My Ping

*RESOLVED* My Ping 8 months 3 weeks ago #1546

• Fluminis
  • Premium Member
  • Infinite flowing waterway
  • Thank you received: 23
Hello All,

I've spent a lot of time now trying to understand why my Ping has changed since I got back on-line after my Op. It was always about 100 but went up to 150 at first, now 120/130? Perhaps the surgeon left something inside :pinch:

I've done everything I can think of, reset router, checked PC, locked down router for a while to stop anyone else using it (family etc) and other stuff but to no avail? Yes, I've checked for naughty download stuff :whistle:

I've started looking at the route to the Chicago server and attached are my recent results.

Can I ask someone, very nicely, who is based in Europe, to please do a traceroute from their PC to the server and post results? It would be much appreciated ;). I believe the routing has changed for me, I think it went from Germany/Norway to the server before, now via France and Ireland? I know this can change but it has been using the same route for a while now.

Apart from using DOS traceroute with Powershell or Command Prompt I used this nifty tool or the one I posted under Goob's downloads issue:
sourceforge.net/projects/openvisualtrace/

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fluminis
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 day 16 hours ago by Koala.
The topic has been locked.

My Ping 8 months 3 weeks ago #1547

• TooGooB
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Sure looks like Ireland is the bad boy. Is your map download speed effected?
TooGooB :)

My Ping 8 months 3 weeks ago #1549

• Fluminis
  • Premium Member
Hello Goob,

Thanks for replying. Yes it is a bit, not very stable!

I'm blaming AT&T as well!!!!!

Fluminis

My Ping 8 months 3 weeks ago #1555

• Koala
  • Little Bear
  • Thank you received: 35
Flum, I moved your post into the Support category.
As it belongs here. :)

Regarding your ping issue, I hope you get it sorted. I'm quite the noob when it comes to that techy stuff.

Little bear.

My Ping 8 months 1 week ago #1602

• Fluminis
  • Premium Member
Hello All,

Thanks to Goob and Koala for replying and apologies for my update taking so long.

I haven't got to the bottom of this as yet, and may never, but have got a long way since.

Anyway, especially for the Bear nerd:

I've traced the owner of the international node in Ireland. I thought it was Tiscali, as showing in IP address Lookup but TalkTalk (my ISP) took over Tiscali more or less wholesale but not in Ireland. This was taken over and managed by Hibernia Networks but acquired by GTT Networks (Mclean Virginia) Jan 2017. They have been updating their international routes during the last year with routing history from Hibernia (possibly why I noticed a change in the last month) .

You'll notice in the Traceroute Host Name "gtt.net" is shown and I've been in touch with them and they are saying the IP addresses are wrong, the RIPE database for IP addresses hasn't been updated? Who knows, but many traceroutes later I've discovered I don't have any latency issues with other websites around the world outside of the GTT network? Interesting that GTT indicate that the Ireland network IP is actually in Chicago USA? Wow confused, I am!

All I know is that GTT owns the Ireland International Node (5 subsea cables to USA and others and 8 cable landing standings), as well as many others around the world and all my routing shows GTT networks where there is delay!

Guess what? GTT have a bilateral interconnection agreement with AT&T (Yes Goob) and have been reported many times for throttling internet speeds and latency issues?

This is where I stop gabbling and boring you all, the latency has improved but is still not right for me.

Fluminis

My Ping 8 months 1 week ago #1603

• TooGooB
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Well, not much of a surprize there. ATT is the worst at customer service/satisfaction and the best at milking funds from their clients. They are all about getting paid, not giving customers a good service.

Good work investigating Flums, hope to see a fix soon as I have all kinds of trouble getting the newer maps from the website redirect we are using.
TooGooB :)
  • Page:
Moderators: Smokey, VIP ICE, Koala
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Help us to keep the server running

Account

x
Register
x

channel.png
VIP Weapons
home.png

client_player.png
VIP Reaper

client_player.png
ICE

client_player.png
Beetle

channel.png
AFK

channel.png
Support

channel.png
Admin
locked.png

Server rules

Rule #1: Speak to and treat others with respect.
Rule #2: No offensive, racial, or homophobic language.
Rule #3: No hacking or cheating.
Rule #4: Don't accuse people of hacking or cheating unless you have proof
Rule #5: Don't interrupt others gameplay
Rule #6: Don't recruit for your clan/group on this server
Rule #7: No advertising or spamming of websites or servers

Rule #8: Only talk English at VIP server and Teamspeak

Amsterdam CET
New York EST
Brisbane AEST
London GMT

Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.